Position available at MDC Full Time Teacher
MDC is looking for an individual to teach from Toddler to Elementary Class. Applicants must be a high energy, warm and caring individual, to conduct the classroom. Listed below are the qualifications and responsibilities.
High School Diploma, Elementary Certified by the State of PA.
At Least one year of experience in an early childhood through Elementary through grade 3 program.
If not Montessori Trained, must have (or be willing to obtain) training and experience necessary to develop consistent, stable, and supportive relationships with very young children and Montessori Philosophy.
Must be able to do the following:
- Communicate effectively with students and their parents, and other staff.
- Provide quality, nurturing care students enrolled in the program.
- Demonstrate skills to properly address developmental needs of students.
- Conduct and document developmental screenings and assessments of students.
- Maintain effective, working relationships with students, parents, and staff.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Daily, weekly and monthly lesson plan and activities for the students
- Maintains an open, friendly, and cooperative relationship with each students and family.
- Promotes feelings of security and trust in students.
- Greets students and their parents warmly and with enthusiasm each morning.
- Assures that: each students is warmly greeted upon arrival; each student is gradually assisted to become a part of the group.
- Talks, sings, and reads to students frequently.
- Implements snack time; sits with students; models manners and good nutrition.
- Tends to student’s personal hygiene needs, remaining especially attentive to them during routines such as diaper changing, cleaning and changing soiled or wet clothes.
- Respects student’s curiosity about each other; ensures that students treat each other gently.
- Organizes each day’s activities to provide students with a variety of experiences and opportunities that allow them to develop curiosity, initiative, problem-solving skills, and creativity, as well as a sense of self and a feeling of belonging to the group.
- Conducts developmental screenings and ongoing assessments of students to determine motor, language, social, cognitive perceptual and emotional skills. Completes timely, neat, accurate documentation of screenings, assessments, attendance, and other documentation as may be deemed necessary for proving quality services.
- Maintains a safe, clean, care-giving environment, practices good personal hygiene and hand washing, and assures the wellbeing and safety of all of the children in that environment.
- Maintains a positive, calm attitude and a pleasant, soothing voice, and models this attitude and voice for parents and others working or volunteering in the program.
- Maintains a cooperative attitude of working together with other teachers, the center director, the Programs director, parents and volunteers in planning and implementing activities for the program/classroom.
- Protects all students from physical punishment or verbal abuse by anyone in any program activity, and immediately reports any such incident to the center director or person in charge.
- Provides for the physical safety of each child from arrival time until departure time.
- Assists the family advocate in teaching and modeling developmentally appropriate practices for parents in caring for their young children.
- Observes students to detect signs of illness, injury, abuse, neglect, emotional disturbance, or other special needs, and reports these signs immediately to the center director or person in charge.
- Plans activities for students with special needs, with training and technical assistance from disabilities and mental health specialists; implements individual education plans, behavior management plans, and/or individualized services or activities as outlined for these students.
- Attends all training opportunities and staff meetings as provided and scheduled.
- Performs any other tasks deemed necessary by the center director.
Montessori Development Center is an Equal Opportunity Educator